Monday 29 April 2013

A long shot.......

Fishing is still very slow at the minute.  There are a few reports of odd decent fish here and there but no great numbers of them in any one area.
I had the choice of probably the Middens at North Shields or one of the local beaches last night.  Turns out there was a club match on and most members were in the river which meant that the Middens would have been full of rods.
I decided on giving the Astley on Blyth beach a go.
It was a long shot and I did not really expect anything...... just as well.



f5.6, 1/400s, ISO200 Fujifilm Finepix F660EXR


f14, 1/160s, ISO125 Fujifilm Finepix F660EXR

f13, 1/420s, ISO100 Fujifilm Finepix F660EXR

f10, 1/100s, ISO100 Fujifilm Finepix F660EXR


f10, 1/250s, ISO200 Fujifilm Finepix F660EXR
f3.9, 1/450s, ISO100 Fujifilm Finepix F660EXR
f3.5, 1/800s, ISO100 Fujifilm Finepix F660EXR



On occasion you will find that your camera does funny things when set to automatically select certain settings for your shots.  Most, I have found, will actually produce some outstandingly beautiful yet unusual shots.
While fishing I saw a few planes fly inland over our heads.  I saw the opportunity to get a shot of a silhouette of a plane as it flew into the clouds in front of the sun. Unfortunately with little time to consider my settings I blasted off a few shots before the plane disappeared.
One shot was a bust as it was totally overexposed having been taken with the camera directly pointing at the sun.  The other shot actually held onto a lot of shadow detail although it still looked washed-out and lacking in contrast at first glance.

An Auto contrast adjustment in Picasa gave me this!



f4.4, 1/2000s, ISO100 Fujifilm Finepix F660EXR (Auto Contrast Adjustment)

No comments:

Post a Comment