Thursday, 10 January 2013

Sunrise with the EXR on Sunday

We are heading out on Sunday morning for a session up the coast.  We will be out in an ideal location and in perfect conditions to catch a few shots of the sunrise with my new F660 EXR.

Although I would much prefer to be using a DSLR I don't have one right now.  I will have to save the pennies and see what I can do later this year.

The F660EXR is a good little compact with a lot of great features.  It is taking a lot of getting used to however having used a DSLR for so long.  I am hoping I can wing it without a tripod on the day as I am not sure I will be able to carry the big one I have.  I may have to make use of the EXR mode on the camera to give the shutter speeds I need.

Hopefully I will be able to get a ton of shots to create a nice Panorama or two like I did at Druiridge last week.

Tip: Where possible when creating Panoramic shots take as many shots as possible over the field of view.  Overlap as much as 30% on each shot.  You can even take shots and zoom in on areas of particular interest and incorporate these into your final shot.  I use Photoshop CS6 to stitch all my shots together to create the final panorama.

Check out this video where Jim Zuckermann gives some excellent tips on shooting great sunrise photography.