Thursday 10 January 2013

Sunrise with the EXR on Sunday

We are heading out on Sunday morning for a session up the coast.  We will be out in an ideal location and in perfect conditions to catch a few shots of the sunrise with my new F660 EXR.

Although I would much prefer to be using a DSLR I don't have one right now.  I will have to save the pennies and see what I can do later this year.

The F660EXR is a good little compact with a lot of great features.  It is taking a lot of getting used to however having used a DSLR for so long.  I am hoping I can wing it without a tripod on the day as I am not sure I will be able to carry the big one I have.  I may have to make use of the EXR mode on the camera to give the shutter speeds I need.

Hopefully I will be able to get a ton of shots to create a nice Panorama or two like I did at Druiridge last week.

Tip: Where possible when creating Panoramic shots take as many shots as possible over the field of view.  Overlap as much as 30% on each shot.  You can even take shots and zoom in on areas of particular interest and incorporate these into your final shot.  I use Photoshop CS6 to stitch all my shots together to create the final panorama.

Check out this video where Jim Zuckermann gives some excellent tips on shooting great sunrise photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment